TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING INTERN (EI)
LFA, a mid-sized Engineering Consulting firm, seeks an entry-level, highly motivated transportation engineering intern to join our team of designers and professionals in servicing State and Local clients on transportation projects across northern Indiana. The ideal candidate will have an interest in a variety of transportation projects combined with the desire for increased responsibility and willingness to make significant contributions in a team-oriented environment. Tools, guidance, and other additional opportunities to further your technical skills will be provided to ensure your continued success.
Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering. Strong writing and technical skills.
• Able to understand and apply established basic design criteria as part of larger transportation design team.
• Successfully taken and passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
• Past experience and familiarity with INDOT or other DOT work is desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil3D or similar computer aided design software.
• Possess basic oral and written communication skills to interact with others internally or externally as part of a larger project team.
Perform routine technical work under the supervision of a Project Manager or other design engineers applying prescribed techniques and procedures for project development and other design activities.
• Acquire basic knowledge, skills and competencies towards licensure.
• Develop standard computations, analysis, and other work for project plan development.
• Perform Civil 3D corridor modeling, quantity calculations, and cost estimation. Past Civil 3D experience is a plus, yet not required.
• Develop drawings and/or spreadsheets to establish standards.
• Coordinate utility and utility relocations for projects.
• Ability to interact with internal and external team members and clients.
• Review engineer assessment reports, road and bridge plans, hydraulic reports, and other available information to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment in conjunction with others supervised by licensed staff.
• Attend/conduct project site visits and meetings as may be required.
• Knowledgeable in transportation engineering with INDOT and Local Public Agencies is a plus.