Lawson-Fisher Associates has provided consulting engineering services to the City of Sturgis relating to their Dam and Hydroelectric Plant located on the St. Joseph River in Centreville, Michigan since 1974. The project was originally constructed in 1911. LFA provided design and construction services for a capacity increase including the construction of a new 1,500 kW Powerhouse in the 1980s. A summary of services/projects LFA has performed for the City is as follows:
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) required inspections, monitoring and reporting.
- FERC Relicensing
- Dam Safety Activities (Emergency Action Plan, Probable Failure Modes Analysis, Inspections)
- Spillway Improvements (Design and Construction Phase Services)
- Embankment Improvements (Design and Construction Phase Services)
- Recreational Improvements (ADA Paths, Fishing piers, Recreation Equipment and amenities)