Water Resources Project Manager Flood Control Engineering
LFA is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Water Resources Project Manager to join our team of designers and professionals serving state and local clients. The successful candidate shall have an understanding and involvement in leadership and project management in flood control engineering projects, specifically relating to dam safety and dam improvements, levees, streambank stabilization, flood insurance studies, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and watershed studies. Tools, guidance, and ongoing opportunities to further your project management and technical skills will be provided to ensure your continued success.
- 10 years of water resources consulting engineering and project management experience.
- Conscientious, decisive, proactive, team-oriented, and quality focused. • Design/project management experience in the following types of water resources projects: dam safety and dam improvements, levees, streambank stabilization, flood insurance studies, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and watershed studies.
- Certified Floodplain Manager and/or experience with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for Hydropower Licensed Projects a plus.
REMOTE WORK OPTIONS AVAILABLE
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana and Michigan (or ability to become licensed).
- Project management on a variety of planning and design level water resources projects as noted above.
- Embodies a seller-doer mentality by being a primary point of contact with clients, identifying potential projects, and developing scopes of work and project proposals.
- Coordinates and guides preparation of construction documents with CAD staff, Operations staff, clients, and other internal staff.
- Manages projects for product quality, client satisfaction, and budgetary objectives.
- Ensures that project undergoes standard quality assurance activities including design reviews, inspector daily reports, engineer reports, documentation checks, and drawing reviews.
- Oversees construction administration activities including processing of shop drawings and Requests for Information (RFI) and performance of site observations.
- Tracks budget and invoicing though duration of project.
- Monitors scope creep to determine if additional services are warranted.Applicants shall have a desire for increasing responsibility and willingness to make significant contributions in a team-oriented environment. Our Water Resources Group provides consulting engineering services on a wide range of projects including dams, water distribution systems, sewer collection systems, open channel flow, and hydraulics/hydrologic analyses.
LFA offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, physical fitness bonus, flexible hours, remote work, etc. with a professional stock ownership Program. Compensation is commensurate with experience. LFA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Lawson-Fisher fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.