WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING INTERN (EI)
LFA seeks a highly motivated water resources engineering intern with 0-5 years experience to join our team of designers and professionals in servicing State and Local clients on projects across northern Indiana and southern Michigan. The ideal candidate will have an interest in a variety of water resources projects combined with the desire for increased responsibility and willingness to make significant contributions in a team-oriented environment. LFA’s Water Resources Department provides a wide range of services from the planning to construction phase including municipal and public works infrastructure (combined, sanitary, storm and drinking water systems), watershed planning, Dam Projects, FEMA flood modeling and environmental compliance. Tools, guidance, and other additional opportunities to further your technical skills will be provided to ensure your continued success.
Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering. Strong writing and technical skills.
• Able to understand and apply established basic design criteria as part of larger water resources design team.
• Successfully taken and passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or have the ability to pass and become registered within six months of employment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Possess basic oral and written communication skills to interact with others internally or externally as part of a larger project team.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil3D or similar computer aided design software considered a plus.
Perform and coordinates routine technical work under the supervision of a Project Manager or other design engineers applying prescribed techniques and procedures for project development and other design activities.
• Acquire basic knowledge, skills and competencies towards licensure.
• Interacts with clients and team members regarding project information
• Develops drawings, spreadsheets, computations, analysis, and other work to coordinate and guide preparation of construction documents with CAD staff and other internal quality staff.
• Performs hydraulic and hydrologic analysis and modeling.
• Assists with engineering assessments (e.g. sewer, open channel, dam).
• Drafts permit applications, reports and studies.
• Performs field investigations and monitoring.
• Mentors other employees on various design techniques, design standards, codes and software applications based on your years of experience and abilities.