CONSTRUCTION – PROJECT ENGINEER / PROJECT SUPERVISOR
LFA is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Construction Project Engineer / Project Supervisor to join our construction inspection team of professionals serving state and local clients. The successful candidate shall have experience and in-depth understanding in the administration of a wide variety of projects involving public infrastructure. Tools, guidance, and ongoing opportunities to further your experience and technical skills will be provided to ensure your continued success.
- 5+ years of construction inspection experience desired.
- Conscientious, decisive, proactive, team-oriented, and quality focused.
- Construction Administration on the following types of projects: storm and sanitary sewers, lift stations, water distribution, earthen embankments, spillways, roads, bridges, lighting, signing, traffic signals, trails, and streetscapes.
- Construction Administration/management, Construction Technology, Certification in Construction Management, Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana (or ability to become licensed) is a plus
- Experience with INDOT Processes, SiteManager, and Final Construction Record Submittals desirable.
- Coordinates, administers and directs preconstruction and project progress meetings
- Oversees and performs full time site-observation for projects as assigned and Inspects contractor’s work for conformance with project specifications.
- Coordinates with contractor and testing labs for any materials testing required by the project specifications.
- Measures, calculates and documents installed and accepted quantities for project.
- Coordinates construction activities with residents, utility companies and other public agencies (e.g. INDOT, cities, counties) to ensure communication and safety during project.
- Resolves on-site conflicts between design and contractor(s)
- Organizes, logs, and provides timely review of submittals, coordinating with others as appropriate.
- Initiates and oversees project closeout documents and process.
- Reviews and approves traffic control plans for safety and coordinates road closures/detours with emergency services.
- Coordinates and communicates with client to ensure project is meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Prepares field orders, change orders, and pay applications.
- Trains and mentors new employees and constriction inspection staff on various design and construction techniques and standards
Applicants shall have a desire for increasing responsibility and willingness to make significant contributions in a team-oriented environment. Our Construction Inspection Group provides services on a wide range of projects including dams, water distribution systems, sewer collection systems, road and pavement
rehabilitation and reconstruction, bridge rehabilitation and replacement, traffic signals, and streetscape projects.