CIVIL ENGINEERING SUMMER INTERN
LFA is seeking a highly motivated summer intern to join our team of professionals serving state and local clients. The successful candidate shall have completed their sophomore year coursework, though consideration for exceptional freshman year students will be given. Tools, guidance, and ongoing opportunities to further your experience and technical skills will be provided to ensure your continued success.
Applicants shall have a desire to learn and willingness to make significant contributions in a team-oriented environment. Our company provides services on a wide range of projects including dams, water distribution systems, sewer collection systems, road and pavement rehabilitation and reconstruction, bridge rehabilitation and replacement, traffic signals, and streetscape projects.
If you are interested in this position, please submit resume to:
525 West Washington Ave.
South Bend, IN 46601
or via e-mail at
[email protected] or submit the form on this page.
- Candidate must be working toward a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Completion of at least freshman year coursework (preference given to candidates who have completed at least sophomore year coursework).
- Conscientious, decisive, proactive, team-oriented, and quality focused.
- Prior summer internship experience a plus.
- Perform tasks for project engineers related to water resources, transportation, and/or structural engineering.
- Observe construction-related activities at active job sites.
- Conduct topographic surveys alongside experienced survey team members.
- Perform water quality sampling at various dams to meet compliance requirements.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with experienced staff members for roundtable discussions related to all our company’s service areas.