LFA, a mid-sized Engineering Consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Accounting Manager to join our team of professionals. LFA serves clients at the local municipal level as well as state clients. The successful candidate shall have an understanding accounting practices and procedures. Tools, guidance, and ongoing opportunities to further your management and technical skills will be provided to ensure your continued success.
- 6+ years of accounting / accounting management experience • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Conscientious, discreet, problem solver, detail oriented, strong communication skills, decisive, proactive, team-oriented, and quality focused.
- Accounting management experience in a professional services office (Deltek Vision, Deltek Vantagepoint, Ajera or other project-based software experience preferred)
- Processes and monitors financial transactions for the office – invoicing, payroll, expenses, cash flow
- Administers benefits program – health insurance enrollment, 401K, serves as insurance carrier liaison, COBRA/FMLA
- Payroll processing – inputs salary adjustments, personnel changes, payroll deductions, assists with year-end close procedures, validates W-2’s
- Invoice processing – inputs subconsultant and outside services expenses, generates client invoices, tracks accounts receivable
- Prepares financial reports and participates in financial meetings
- Directs and supervises Accounting Assistant
- Additional functions – special projects to improve processes and procedures, maintains human resources personnel files.
Applicants shall have a desire for increasing responsibility and willingness to make significant contributions in a team-oriented environment. Our Accounting Group provides internal and external support services for all financial functions of the firm.