Hydrology and Hydraulics Services
Understanding the interaction between rainfall and stormwater runoff is essential to the analysis of existing watersheds and predicting their behavior. Another service commonly provided by Lawson-Fisher is hydrologic/hydraulic analyses. Hydrologic/hydraulic analyses are utilized to provide proper sizing for dam spillways, bridges, culverts, channels and storm sewers. We also use hydraulic analyses to properly size sanitary sewer collection and water distributions systems.
Our expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic principles enables us to assist client decision-making regarding infrastructure improvements including:
- Storm, sanitary and combined sewer system analysis and design
- Water supply and distribution networks
- Storm water management plan development and implementation
- Spillway capacity analysis
- Dam safety compliance
- Dam breach analysis
- Bridge and culvert sizing
- Flood risk prediction and alleviation
- Watershed management
The analyses provided by our highly experienced staff are enhanced through our proficiency with numerous hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software programs including HEC-HMS, XP-SWMM, WaterCAD, HEC-RAS and HY-8.